Wednesday, 11 August 2010

The Dreams, Aspirations and Delusions and some other stuff Blog

Ok so lets start with last first.  I delude myself that I am an actor, singer, writer, photographer and designer (in no particular order) when really, I can act (mostly the fool) I can hold a tune, I have written some poems and children's stories but never been seriously published, I have been known to take the odd great shot but that's it and I completed an Interior design course, like forever ago, and never used it.

So my dreams and aspirations?
I dream that I will one day, before I get too old, that I will be an actress in a musical like Oliver! or My Fair Lady! or that I become a published writer and earn at least enough to live on (or become uber famous because of it - worked for J.K!) or that someone at my current job will notice my full potential and give me some work that actually challenges and intrigues.

I aspire to the basics, being a good wife, mother and homemaker which is hard to do sometimes when you work a 40hr week as well, but we seem to rumble along ok (though more about all that another day maybe).

So there is me, or so you think! As my profile suggests many things determine my life and each day what mood I am in, some challenges from outside life and other battles with my self conscience. 

These blogs are supposed to just be an outlet for me to rant and shout with anger, or sing(ish) and cheer for joy, like a live diary so that I can moan or whatever without anyone feeling they have to stop and chat as it were, like on social networking sites. Don't get me wrong it's nice to feel someone cares if they do ask, but I sometimes think that updating your status all the time like that prompts people and you feel bad if you don't ask 'what's up?' not that you don't care but sometimes there is so much other sh*t going on in your own life you don't need to have to deal with others, and in the same way, everyone has their ups and downs and don't need to be burdoned by yours (damn this doesn't sound right, if any of my family/friends actually do read this do not take offence, I love and care for you all it's just sometimes I want to be in my bubble and need it to be all about me, even if, infact especially if, I'm on my own!)
Phew hopefully that is a stonewalling avoided ha ha (ok here you go off on a roll, slow down love don't burn out before you have even started) - Oh yeah did I mention I often talk to myself!

Today has been a good day I survived, work was ok, I picked up my loving son more or less on time, I managed to get him to help me have a quick tidy up, round up the recycling stuff and finish loading and set going the dishwasher all in the first 1/2 hour of being home, and without any moaning.  We are now going to read a book together before he gets ready for bed and another movie (holidays!) then I can relax and have a leisurely dinner and watch something (probably a movie I have already numerous times) whilst waiting for my lovely husband to come home from his late shift and kicking myself for not getting off my butt and doing that exercise video (more about this later too no doubt!)

So bye bye for now .....

No comments:

Post a Comment