Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Treatment time!!

So it has been a while since I 'blogged' but that is because I was sorting myself out.
My docs decided that 4 sessions of physio was more than enough for me and to just keep taking the painkillers was enough!! Well I went back to another doc at the same surgery and told him that this was not good enough so he set the ball rolling and I have now met my consultant and had an MRI and I go back to the consultant a week from now to find out the results and then the treatment plan.
The treatment can range from sticking to my almost useless painkillers to more physio, injections to as a last resort surgery.  From the first initial consultation the consultant thinks that I have 1 or 2 degenerated discs so basically the back of a 60 year old!!
All those younger years of doing sports and keeping fit really worked for me eh?! I have piled back on the 2 stone that I had steadily lost as I am not allowed to do my beloved Tae Kwon do anymore or anything else too strenuous (though I am still to keep fit and lose weight!),  I hate that I am so big again, I look awful and feel awful but, at the risk of sounding like a whiny, fat bird; what am I supposed to do, my job entails 9hrs sitting in front of a computer not exactly conducive to great weight loss, I try to  go for a walk at lunch times but it is either too cold or wet or my back just isn't up too it that day.  I could eat healthier more often I know this but some days I just really can't be arsed, especially in the chill we have right now and with all the tempting goodies about at the mo!
Still I will sort myself out soon, as soon as I have got my head round everything and find out what the treatment will be, silly though it sounds part of me thinks that my MRI will show only 2 extremes, 1 that there is nothing wrong with me or 2 it's like, how the hell are you even walking!  I realise that this is totally daft but I can't help it.

I desperately want another child now too before I am 40 which is sadly less than 2 years away!  But can we really do it, afford it, can my back take it?

Enough!! one step at a time, back sorted, I will let you know what happens next week first!

Ciao for now
Sara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment